Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hey Family!!!

Happy early Father's Day!! Yesterday at Church was the Father's day celebration b/c we have a conference this next Sunday. The primary sang the cutest songs and it got me all excited to hang out this next week! Make sure we keep in our prayers that the internet connection, video camera, sound, etc is all snazzy good! I'm excited. Thanks for your emails! I LOVE hearing about how you are doing and it sounds like you're busy with summer now and loving life!

This week was has been awesome! Oh my goodness I love everything about missionary work, it is just simply the best kind of work in the entire world. Sister Bongolto continues to be amazing as ever and I continue to learn from her daily about how to be better. Our ward is amazing, and it is happy and fun to see the result of taking the time to plan for how to involve members in missionary work. The members are always willing to help, it is up to us to plan and carry out how to harness their power and see the work move forward.

This week I learned about joyfully doing all things within our power. I read a lot about King Mosiah and his example of how he joyfully did all things around him. I learned how he had many unplanned things come up which perhaps were inconvenient to him, but multiple times I read how “he received them with gladness.” I thought about the Savior, and how even though things came up that were perhaps inconvenient for him, I have no doubt that He fulfilled all His duties joyfully. The word joyfully has many synonyms: “happily,” “ecstatically,” “blissfully,”  ”gladly,” “cheerfully” and I just love it all! I just feel so elated at all the joy and goodness that is all around us all the time. When we pray to have charity for ALL things around us –people, creatures, weather, etc.- it comes and it is so fun! Yes there are still trials, still Red Seas in front of us-there always will be. But we can cheerfully do all things; we happily can get through all trials with the help of the Savior. I love this work, I love our Savior, and I love everything about His work.

I love you all so much! Hope that you are all loving life and loving the Savior and keeping Him at the center of your lives. I love you all, I love our Savior Jesus Christ!

Mahal ko kayo!

-Sister Davidson :)

Pictures! 

1. Some of us Sisters waiting for the church to open for one of our meetings! LOVE these Sisters! 

2. I had exchanges with Sister Macabanting!! She is brand new in the mission and such a meek missionary who I learned a lot from. Her Nanay Sister Holmes made a great face for this picture in the background. Mysteriously looking at us.

3. Sister Ganacial and I!! I love her and am soo happy we are the same Zone!

4. We had a CSP for a member in our ward the Afable family! Their house always floods when the rainy season comes so we went and put all the dirt in the house so that they can put cement in and the floor will be higher up so it will be less likely to flood. I love CSPs!

5. Definantly can work in construction after the mission.

6. Action shot







 1. Sister Bongolto and I still matching even from the first time we were companions!

2. Little Khyle! And Sister Halbleib in the background being awesome. Ha ha this kid is so cute and loved seeing pictures of himself. 

3. So I thought this was cool, they didn't have a leveler so in order to make sure that the flooring is level they fill that tube with water and then they both hold the ends of the tube up and they see where the water lies inside the long tube and that is how they determine if the floor is level or too high/too low on one side-genious right? Also I'm so impressed that the Elders know what they are doing, I never learned anything like that before my mission. 

4. Leveling the different side of the floor. 

5. Group picture with Tatay Disosdado the one on the left!





1.Exchanges with Sister Gancial!!! Have I told you about Tatay Pedro before? He is this deaf Tatay who is a widow and lives alone and is so strong in the gospel! He walks to church every Sunday with his cane and it is probably about a 45 minute walk. What an example of dedication to go to church to partake of the Sacrament, even when he doesn't hear a word of anything that goes on around him.

2. And then with Sister Rochelle! Our amazing ward missionary who loves to work the whole day and has such a sweet personality that people just want to be around her. 

3. We saw this car, and obviously a picture was needed. 

4. Sister Bongolto and I with some of our investigators! Sister Judith, Kimberly and Brother Patrick all came to church yesterday!!! They loved it as well! When we taught them we brought along a member who was a youth and was the same age as one of them, and she really helped them feel like Church wasn't a scary thing, but a great and happy thing. When they came to church, they loved it and said we will see them next week again at church!! Ah man the power of members in missionary work... indescribeable!!! 

5. Sister Bongolto has now been on her mission for an entire year! Crazy how it was a year ago that we were companions in Tarlac, and now again in Tarlac. 





No comments:

Post a Comment