Monday, July 28, 2014

July 14, 2014

Family!!!

Thank you so much for your letters and pictures! Once again it sounds like you are all doing well, enjoying life, and staying safe and happy! Happy birthday to Linc this week!!!!! What!? He's one year old now, crazy! Welcome to the family Linc, we're happy to have you. Have fun on your cruise Dad and Darla! Hope you enjoy your time and stay safe and we hope that you start saving up so we can go with you on your next cruise or come visit the Philippines! ;) 

This week was fantastic. Wow I LOVE every single minute of every single day here. What a blessing it is to be a full time servant of the Lord! This week was great for so many reasons! And I can't even begin to tell you all the great things so I'll just tell you the biggest highlight.

This past week Brother Joshua was baptized! What a good kid Joshua is! He is 14 years old who has a rough background with his family, and yet he has such a humble, and submissive heart. Brother Joshua is a good kid who simply wants to choose the right. He has been coming to church with his friend for the past few months. He consistently reads the Book of Mormon reading assignments we give him and he consistently prays and seeks to communicate with His Heavenly Father. It is very touching to hear him pray. His family background is rough, not one that I wish for anyone; and to hear his humble prayers-not only asking for blessings for himself but asking blessings for his family and for those around him, is very inspiring. Joshua was baptized this past Saturday and was very excited. The branch has been very kind to Joshua this whole time and the friendships he is developing with the youth is very good. Joshua is a good example to the members of what it means to continue on despite trials and bumps in the road. I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to be part of Joshua's life in teaching him and helping him prepare for his baptismal covenant. 

I have a firm testimony that Jesus Christ teaches us the way to live a happy life. When we follow the Savior, and do it His way-everything always works out better. It is easy to see in the eyes of those we are around if they are truly happy, or simply living day to day without any real direction in their lives. I hope to always strive to be one with a vision, direction, and purpose in my life as my life centers on Jesus Christ our Savior. 

I sure do love each of you. Simply, I just love you all so much. Thank you for your examples to me, thank you for your love and your prayers, and your constant support. I love each of you. I love our Savior Jesus Christ.

Mahal ko kayo! 

-Sister Davidson :)

Pictures!

1. We had a fun and simple FHE with the Talaberine family! This little kid is so cute and just laughs and laughs and laughs at the funniest things, I love it!

2. My umbrella broke and Sister Caoile was an expert in trying to fix it while on the side of the road ha ha

3. hard at work

4. and then me pretending like i knew how to fix my own umbrella... ha ha joke I am useless when it comes to fixing things and good thing basically all Filipinos are so smart at using the resources around them to fix anything and everything!

5. Sister Elizabeth Sabado! We had a CSP at her house just doing her laundry. Even though you can't tell, she is pregnant and has the worst morning sickness I've ever heard of! We were happy to help her simply by doing her laundry. CSPs are always super fun and it was just a fun chance to help her out. 

1. Sister Caoile hard at work!

2. Don't worry I was also hard at work. The bomba-the thing that you get the water out of-can be used in various teaching situations about the technique to get water out and how it relates to life and the gospel-cool stuff!

3.  Nanay working with us! She is 73 years old and lives close to one of our investigators Sister Irene so we asked her to come along with us and she did! What a hard worker and a cute little lady!

4. Some of the Relief Society getting together to sew things together. They were at the church when we got there so we enjoyed watching their skills.

5. Brother Joshua!

1. Brother Joshua!!!!

2. Some of the branch members who attended his baptism!! ah I love these people!

3.Brother Joshua and President Fabros and Brother Hubert and Brother Howard 

4. We got a quick picture with Sister Irene after church yesterday! She attended Joshua's baptism and loved it! She just loves the feelings she feels when she comes to the church. Her neighbors and family keep asking her if she's sure that she's going to be a Mormon now and she keeps telling them yes. Sister Irene is so cute and simply just loves the feelings she keeps getting as she reads, prays, and comes to Church. She is such an inspiration and I love her!!!

5. Some of the branch members ha ha while at President Fabros' house! Love them! 

That's all folks! I sure do love you and I hope and pray you are doing well and loving life. I hope you are continuing to stay close to doing what you know to be right. I hope that when we are able to see the blessings that come from following the Savior and His perfect example. When we follow Him, when we do as He would do... we are happy, He is happy.

Mahal ko kayo!

-Sister Davidson :)















No comments:

Post a Comment