Monday, July 28, 2014

June 30, 2014

Family!

Thank you so much for all the emails!! LOVE hearing from you and I LOVE seeing pictures and videos! Sounds like you are all doing great and staying alive! Good work! Blessing! :)

This week President and Sister Martino went home and we have a new mission president! The 3 years of service President and Sister Martino served here in the Philippines Angeles Mission... wow what a difference they have made in so many lives. I know my life has been and ever will be influenced by the things that my mission parents have taught me. I will miss them, but I have no doubts we'll stay in touch so like actually I'm not worried at all. Ah man I love them so much and want to follow their examples of life long service to the Lord. I don't know if I ever mentioned, but from the first time I met President Martino and every time I met, worked, or talked with him, it was like talking with Grandpa Heywood. Seriously, I can see so many of Grandpa's characteristics in President Martino; it was super weird at first actually cause it was like talking to Grandpa. But then it made me realize how blessed I am to have such noble parents, grandparents, and an amazing heritage. Thank you to all who have influenced my life for good!

This week I continued to add to my knowledge about the power of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is amazing and what a privilege it is to have Him with us always if we keep all our covenants that we’ve made! When He speaks to us and then when we listen and obey, it is indescribable. I continue to learn that when we plead for the gift and power of the Holy Ghost in the behalf of our brothers and sisters, the Lord will give it to us. President Monson said, “Remember that this work is not yours and mine alone. It is the Lord’s work, and when we are on the Lord’s errand, we are entitled to the Lord’s help.” I know that to be true. I do not believe the word “failure” exists in the Lord’s vocabulary. I love to remember that we are simply the servants to carry out the Master’s plan. What a humbling, and such a sacred calling that we have; to help carry out the Master’s plan. I love the Lord. I love His work. During the week Sister Caoile and I would pray for specific ways in how to help our branch out. It has been amazing how unified her and I are, as well as when we started talking to the leaders about what we can do to help, they are also on the same page as us. The Lord's work truly is His work. These truly are His children that He is taking care of and He uses us His servants to move it forward.

I love you all! Thank you for your continual examples of faith and dedication to the Lord. I have a firm testimony that when we put the Lord as our number 1 priority in life, everything works out the way it needs to. His plan is much better than ours. :) Don't forget to fulfill your callings and to always seek for opportunities to serve others. At the end of the day can we ask ourselves "have I done any good in the world today?" and be satisfied that the Lord is satisfied with our answer? I sure hope so :)

Mahal ko kayo!

-Sister Davidson :)

Pictures!

1. We had a fun FHE at Sister Dinaa's home with a great object lesson about working with unity in the work of the Lord. I love our Branch!!! 

2. The group! I love all these people!

3. Last picture with President and Sister Martino!! Love love love them! What an example of lifelong service they are! Oh my goodness, the things they have taught me.... the things the Lord has taught me through them... amazing. I am forever grateful for their service. 

4. FHE with the Candelero Family! This is a part member family where all the members are not yet members. Brother Ronnie and Sister Tess are such a great example of giving selfless service in giving of their time to church. They don't have much to give, but they do give their time all the time which is such a great example.





1. Sister MaryAnn and Brother Ronel-a family that is so kind and so cute! They have 7 kids and all the kids are so incredibly kind and polite. This family is investigators and they are so willing to listen to the gospel and we pray their faith will be strengthened in order to act so they might come closer to the Lord.

2. Sister Caoile wanted to stop here and take pictures b/c we are in SUCH a beautiful area! I love Camiling!

3. The Pascual family!!! And us. ha ha they were taking family pictures after church, and we joined in because we love their family! Brother Herbert is leaving for his mission this Friday! He is going to the Cavitie mission and will be absoultely amazing. As in, absoluetly amazing. Then Brother Hubert leaves for his mission in Tacloban in August! The Pascual family.. is sooo great! And we love them. 

4. ah I love Sister Maria and Sister Herlene! Sister Herlene works with us like 4x a week. it's amazing.

5. I love our Branch and it's members!!! This is Sister Mary Ann, Sister Herlene, and Sister Ferlene and Brother Hubert behind. 

That's all folks! Sure do love each and every one of you! I love the work of the Lord. I love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I hope and pray we are each doing all we need to do to grow closer to Him. 

Mahal ko kayo!

-Sister Davidson :)





No comments:

Post a Comment